View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Had a look at the source code and am I correct in guessing that you hard coded the "Calibre Library" folder name and that the plugin assumes it's located in the home directory?

I'm not familiar with python nor programming Calibre plugins but I believe there must be a different method of getting the library path(s).

Not sure what the relevant pieces of code are but I think this is probably a good example.

Job Spy/visualize_metadata_dialog.py
Code:
import os,sys,apsw
from PyQt5.Qt import (Qt, QDialog, QGridLayout, QVBoxLayout, QHBoxLayout, QFont,
                                        QWidget, QSize, QPushButton, QComboBox, QGroupBox, QSplitter )  # for visualizing
from PyQt5.Qt import QFileDialog,QObject,QApplication  # for exporting a .csv

from calibre import isbytestring
from calibre.constants import filesystem_encoding, DEBUG
from calibre.gui2 import gprefs, question_dialog, info_dialog

from calibre_plugins.job_spy.qpainter_charts import Chart, PieChart, ViewerLegend, ViewerPieChart, DataTable
from calibre_plugins.job_spy.config import prefs

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    def apsw_connect_to_library(self):

my_db = self.gui.library_view.model().db

path = my_db.library_path
        if isbytestring(path):
            path = path.decode(filesystem_encoding)
        path = path.replace(os.sep, '/')
        path = os.path.join(path, 'metadata.db')
        path = path.replace(os.sep, '/')

if isbytestring(path):
            path = path.decode(filesystem_encoding)

if path.endswith("/"):
            path = path[0:-1]

try:
            my_db =apsw.Connection(path)
            is_valid = True
        except Exception as e:
            if DEBUG: print("path to metadata.db is: ", path)
            if DEBUG: print("error: ", str(e))
            is_valid = False
            return None,None,is_valid

my_cursor = my_db.cursor()

mysql = "PRAGMA main.busy_timeout = 15000;"      #PRAGMA busy_timeout = milliseconds;
        my_cursor.execute(mysql)

return my_db,my_cursor,is_valid

P.S.
Forgot to mention earlier that I had to repackage the zip in order to load the plugin (got rid of the top level KyBook3 Sync directory). Calibre was complaining about __init__.py not being in the correct location. I'd be happy to help debug but please note I use Calibre Portable and I dunno how to run calibre-debug with that since the paths are all different.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 04-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.