View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yes, but only up to a point.

I'll make a reasonable effort to get the book properly formatted, something like the look you get running your average .lit through Calibre with default conversion settings. Paragraph indents, justified margins, italics kept intact.

But this past weekend, I had a book from an html source that I just could not get to respect paragraph breaks no matter what I tried. Finally I gave up and read it with pretty bad formatting. Big blocks of text with only a tab space to designate a paragraph break.

You know what? At first it bothered me, but after a few pages I got lost in the book anyway and just sped along through a few hundred pages over the weekend. Relatively little discomfort or awareness that it wasn't properly formatted. Maybe it's not as important as I used to think.
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote