View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #1902
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The other thing I noticed while doing this is that a lot of the styles don't show as the default used by FFF doesn't include them. I have grabbed the stylesheet from the site and cut out all the styles that don't make it to the epub. I'm not sure whether to include this as the default styles for the site in the plugin. If you want to try and see if it does improve the downloaded books, here it is. Just add all of into the personal.ini.
So far, I've avoided adding site-specific output_css settings to defaults.ini. There are trade-offs regarding sizes and colors between honoring the sites and providing uniform output for often gray scale reader devices.

I generally lean towards uniformity of output more. (To the point I DeDRM my boughten books so I can edit them to match FFF output.)

However, since I don't read storiesonline.net, I don't have a feel for how important these styles may be. Opinions welcome.

davidfor: Be aware of replace_tags_with_spans. That's the mechanism that deals with <u> etc tags that epub doesn't include.

Also, I'd be more inclined to use add_to_output_css, so existing more general customizations are still applied.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote