View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Book titles disappear off page

I find on my Story that book titles disappear off the right hand side of the screen in the menu page. There are too few characters available, which makes book titles difficult to manage.

For instance, if you have a series of books titled "The Story Trilogy, Book 01 - The Letter X", "The Story Trilogy, Book 02 - The Letter Y" and "The Story Trilogy, Book 03 - The Letter Z", then for each of them the title is going to disappear off the right-hand end before you can read distinguishing data. It's just three books, all titled (as far as you can see) the same.

It's a bit of a pain, isn't it, to have to rename books and their source files just so they'll display in a usable manner? But if you rename them so the titles come first, or are the only thing that shows, then the books in a connected series will most likely not even appear near each other in the menu. I'd rather the device do the sorting, in a logical and productive manner, so I don't have to remember extra detail for every file on the device.

Anyone else feel this is a flaw in the design of the Story's software?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote