View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Vintage (e)book appearance -- Your preference?

I read somewhere a forum post or blog, by someone discussing finding "aged-paper" for a background image to go with the battered typeface font he had found, to use in preparing an ebook of an old novel.

I started thinking, perhaps I should try that for my next public domain rehab project, maybe some folks would like that. Thus, the birth of this poll.

So, what's YOUR preferance? (Ignore the fact of what your Reader does or doesn't support, what do you really like?)

1) I want it to show its age, with battered typeface and torn-paper background with soup-stains (scratch-and-sniff mildew, too, please?)

2) I want it just like the first edition, but looking clean and spanky new, hot off the press, newly delivered by the postman.

3) I want it with modern layout and punctuation and (sometimes) modern fonts for titles and headings.

4) I don't care; if I want to read it, I'll take it as it comes.

5) I don't care; I will rip out the illustrations and fonts and standardize it to match the rest of my collection.

6) I am not the demographic you are looking for. I don't read books published before I was born.

What do you like? Chime in.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote