View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #68
heeby
Connoisseur
heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.heeby knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sorry but I had 2 K4S units and had the privilege of seeing another one at the doctors office while I had mine. I think you got a really good one which are out there but alot of them were bad quality. If I hadn't had a K3 I wouldn't have known it could better. My new K4B is actually better than my K3 I use to brag about. It has a nice creme background with black text.

It's not a font thing either. I am using the same custom font on both K4s and the K3 the difference is amazing!
I am not saying your new one isn't great. I am saying it's not a new type of screen or anything in my view. I bet they just sorted the quality control a bit or you got one of the really good ones. I have seen a ton of really bad K4s and Touch models too..but have seen some superb ones. During that release there was a huge variation. E ink screens vary from creamy to grey to green and contrast varies a lot too between samples. The screen in your new one is still a Pearl screen...no new technology has been used.
heeby is offline   Reply With Quote