View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Yeah but because the storage is _flash memory_, I bet that refers to the storage, not the ram. For example, if you go to this page it states:

Storage 2GB*
Memory Expansion Up to 30,000 eBooks with a 32 GB SD Memory Card

and

* 1GB is available to store content (over 1,000 ebooks).

It does not state ram which is almost certainly less than what the vox has.

http://www.kobobooks.com/touch_tech
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting to note though, that your reference clearly uses within context, the word storage, but nowhere does that Spec readout address RAM or how much, or use the world 'memory' associated with it. On the actual box I brought home (Dec 15th/2011) my packaging clearly uses the world memory in associating with the 1GB spec. I wonder if they did in fact upgrade to 1GB memory, and the 2 GB's of storage your spec mentions, is just that, a reference to internal storage space, not RAM. This could be so...and if so...for the price over the holidays... is a nice 'gift' to new Touch purchasers!

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-15-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote