Thread: Drag 'n' Drop
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
I usually select a lot of books etc with mouse only, but can no longer do that, if I try a select several items, it now tries dragging the first item.

Selecting several items is now a lot more cumbersome and time-consuming.
I don't know which OS you're on, but on Windows and Linux you can select multiple books and ranges by combining Control/Shift and mouse click. I'm not at my Linux box right now (I do this by motor memory and don't remember the keys), but on Windows it works like this: Say you have 7 books:

Important: Never move the mouse without releasing the left button.

To select 1 and 3: Click 1, press and hold control, click 3, release control. Done (but it seems you know this already).

To select 1,3-5 and 7: Click 1, press and hold control, click 3, press and hold shift as well without letting go of control, click 5, release shift but not Control, click 7, release Control. 1,3,4,5 and 7 should now be selected. To select additional ranges, use shift as you did for 3-5.

This is a lot easier than it sounds, after a few tries it's quite intuitive. Hope this helps

Edit: I suddenly understood that I probably misunderstood your complaint. Oh well, I'll just leave the instructions in case they are helpful to someone. I do agree that the ability to drag'n'drop a book from the library to the *same* library seems a bit... superfluous
I guess there is a technical reason for it.

Last edited by Man Eating Duck; 10-04-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote