View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@jackie_w: You should be able to use qwebengine in your plugin by running it in a separate process using calibre-debug so your previewer becomes a simple standalone program inside your plugin. Something like

Code:
from calibre.debug import run_calibre-debug
run_calibre_debug(['-c', 'from calibre_plugins.your_plugin.viewer import main; import sys; main(sys.argv[-2], sys.argv[-1]);', 'path to first html file', 'path to second html file'])
And then implement your viewer using qwebengine.
This is hopeful but I think I need a bit more meat on the bone. Do you have a working example of this technique in action so that I can follow exactly what needs to go where?

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 09-11-2019 at 11:46 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote