View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pskopp View Post
They should have been released as ebooks at the same time as they were released in hardcover. They would have been able to offer them at the same price as they were selling the printed books and people who wanted them as ebooks would have paid the asking price. I would have. But I have a copy of all of them in hardcover and I will not even consider purchasing them in ebook format now (and they will probably release them in some format that is so locked up you will not even be able to change the font size).
It's a little too late as I see it. I already spent my money. Why would I want to spend it again? I'm sorry, but I am not purchasing any Harry Potter ebooks should they become legal. It's hypocritical. What I can expect to see is these ebooks being released and then the DRM removed and them distributed. I know some folks who will pirate the heck out of a protected CD in protest to the protection. I think the same sort of thing is gonna happen here if HP is released.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote