View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 07:54 PM   #9
robod
robod began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolff View Post
All your reading stats, shelves, collections,... are stored in a DB named "KoboReader.sqlite" in the folder /.kobo, you just have to change a line in this database to make it work. You can just copy that file from one device to the other but your new kobo will show en error.

1/you have to copy all the folders and files from your first kobo to the new device except the folder .kobo.
2/ go to .kobo on your old device, copy KoboReader.sqlite on your computer, do the same on your new device to saved it in case something went wrong
3/switch on your new kobo and log to your kobo account
4/ download and instal SQLite Expert Personal from http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html
5/ connect your new kobo to your computer
6/launch SQLite Expert, go to File/Open Database and open .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite on your new kobo
7/clic on the "user" database, click on "Data" , right-click on the data line and finally on "Copy Records"
8/Still in SQLite Expert, go to File/Open Database and open the KoboReader.sqlite of your old kobo that you have saved on your computer
9/ go to user/data, right-click on the data line and finally on "Delete Selected Rows"
10/ clic on the green "+" to add a new row, right clic on it and "paste records"
11/paste the file KoboReader.sqlite (the one you have saved on your computer and you just have modified) on your new device
12/enjoy!
Man... what a miracle. Really big thanks to you, this is working perfectly, this should be pinned!!

I just bought a Libra 2, coming from a 9 year old kobo glo, and i was very sad when I saw there was no way to migrate, not my books, but them with the anotations, highlighting, etc etc after so many years. This migrate pretty much everything that I can think about from my old kobo to the new one, like a complete backup.
robod is offline   Reply With Quote