Thread: Libra Bizarre page counts
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 12:19 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
While there are some problems with page numbering, as @rashkae, it is most likely a problem with the book. My guess is that the ToC has some issues. As it is an epub 3, that could be the nav document or the NCX, depending on which it has.

You don't say what format it is on the device, but, the mention of font size and an expected page count, implies kepub. But, other things imply epub. Which format on the device is important as the errors in the book have different effects on the device.

I would start by checking the book for errors. I do that with the calibre editor and running the error check. Sigil has something similar. Fixing any errors found, might fix the problems on the device. Alternatively, doing an epub-to-epub conversion in calibre can fix a lot problems.

Other than that, we would need to see the book. If it is legally available somewhere, post a link and we can look at it. Even a preview can help to understand what is happening. Or the ScrambleEbook plugin in calibre can produce a version that can be posted here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote