View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #26
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Now I've not read the Fry, though I suspect I'll enjoy it, but I have read 1632, and I am far from underwhelmed -- quite the opposite. And I would definitely enjoy a re-read -- this is the sort of book that has new discoveries waiting at every read. Yes, it's long (just under 600 pages), but we've had people asking for longer books, and we do have more time to read before we discuss.

I found 1632 both historically fascinating and great good fun -- a combination not often found! And considering the entire ecosystem that has evolved for it, apparently a fairly substantial group of people agree. I really did hope we'd have a chance to read it, and I think it would spark an excellent discussion -- there's certainly no shortage of discussion points around it.

It is also, I might point out, FREE, and the author has been one of the most outspoken and forceful advocates for DRM-Free ebook publishing. So no whinging and carrying on about what is available where and who is entitled to download it. Everyone is entitled to download it for free, without restriction or concern.
It was far from terrible, but I just didn't get hooked like so many others have. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one, Charlie .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote