View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 07:26 AM   #34
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
My most recent app to try is book mower. Book mower is apparently a stripped down version of Bookmobile, i.e. the author refers to it as Bookmobile without the support for podcast. I've been using it for a couple of days now and it doesn't seem to have the issue that Bookmobile has, i.e. it's pickedup where it left off every time that I've used it.

I'm going to be in the car quite a bit next week, plus I'm nearing the end of my current audiobook, so I should get a good test of the app, from the stand point of not losing it's place and moving to the next book when it finishes the current book. If it can handle all that then I think I've found my car audiobook player of choice (at least until Apple gets their head out and fixes the iTunes/iBooks mess). My car entertainment system allows me to pause and start the playing via the car touch screen, so it seems workable. It's not perfect, but as they say, perfect is the enemy of good enough.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote