View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #110
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibUser View Post
I use a stand-alone IDE for development work as this saves a lot of time; since the IDE cannot access the sigil_bs4 module I have to do all my initial work using standalone versions of Python and libraries such as Beautiful Soup. The current version of the plugin uses Beautiful Soup. However, I will be implementing a version of the plugin that uses the sigil_bs4 module when the next version of Sigil becomes established as stable (if I have understood correctly, I only need to change the import instruction to use this module so I am hoping that this will be a straightforward update). As I said in my response to eschwartz I designed my plugin to work with Sigil 0.8.7 as this is stable and I suspect other users will be using this version until 0.9 is available.
Understood.
Yes. If you're importing BeautifulSoup now, when you're ready to make the switch, you'll should be able to use something like:
Code:
from sigil_bs4 import BeautifulSoup
once to get everything working.

If you need help making sure everything works with the bundled version of Python that comes with 0.8.9+ (while still working with an external Python 3.4), just ask. There's plenty of people that can help.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-02-2015 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Fix egregious typo
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote