Thread: MobileRead June 2012 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Good choice, Jon. I'll third War of the Worlds.

Also:

I think, therefore I am nominating Discourse on the Method by René Descartes (parts I-VI).

Inkmesh search

Spoiler:
Although this philosophical work is short (approximately 120 pages), its impact on Western thought has been immeasurable. Are human beings mere robotic mechanisms with no other option than to respond to imputed data as we have been programmed, or is there a ghost in the machine? How can we even be sure we exist? Is this world the result of blind chance, or is there a Cosmic Intelligence directing its destiny? Nearly 400 years after its first publication, Discourse on the Method is still sparking strong debate among scholars and laypeople alike. Join the conversation!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-20-2012 at 09:40 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote