View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #125
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I haven't read anything this year as yet.

I really need to make a decision and just start reading.

One of the things I have decided this year is to not allow others to make me feel ashamed of the books I read. I read a little of everything - smut included - and this year I'm going to claim my smut!
You go girl! Last night I was talking with a friend, and the subject of Kindles came up. I mentioned the thread about password protecting ereaders, and she said "Aren't you worried about people seeing what you read??" First I laughed, a lot, then I said, "My Kindle cover says 'A dirty book is rarely dusty' on the front. I use Goodreads ALL THE TIME, and my Goodreads updates are posted on Facebook. I'm pretty sure that ship has already sailed."

There's a poster here who refers to romance novels as "female-type trash". (No names, because I don't actually have a beef with him, just an observation.) This bothered me initially, but after I thought about it, it made me laugh. Most men I know don't get much out of reading that sort of thing. They say men are visual creatures, so maybe that's it. But we gals (and those males who do enjoy it) have an advantage. We can get our smut fix on the bus, in line at the store, waiting at the doctor's office... So load up your ereader or phone with smut, stick it in your bag or pocket, and join the Sisterhood of the Traveling Smut.

Embrace it.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote