View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #47
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I gave my Voyage to a college student, bought an Oasis 3 and promptly sent it back. I'm quite happy with my PW4. I have no idea what the babble about "faded text" is all about. My text is fine and I'm half blind. Two things I like with the PW4 over the PW3 is much faster charging and waterproofing.
I've read a number of complaints about the PW4 having lower contrast than the PW3, giving the effect of faded text. Also, I don't need waterproofing, as I never read in the bath. I prefer raised bezels but the PW4 has a flush screen. For these reasons I wasn't keen on purchasing a PW4 but prefered a PW3. All I really wanted was the increased screen resolution.

What did you dislike about the Oasis 3? The sheer cost of that makes it a reader I'd never consider.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote