View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Can the Kobo be used with calibre natively, i.e. without the extended driver, utilities, input/output etc plugins, or are one or more of them mandatory?

If it can, are we certain that the problem is not being caused by one or more of them rather than the calibre base.

BTW : I kicked myself when you suggested kiwik try a USB 2 hub. I should have thought of that, I acquired a Dlink 7 port hub recently, it's attached to a spare USB 3 port (Hitachi controller).
I can think of two ways this is happening. Calibre is discovering the device in such a way that it triggers a bug in a driver. The alternative is the way the driver reads the database on the device is putting stress on the driver or connection somehow. But, I can't really see it being either. The former I think would hit other devices as well, the latter should cause a problem when using the Kobo desktop application. And it doesn't seem to be any of the other plugins. At least one tester has removed them, and the crash happens to early for them to be involved.

The people who have reported this say they can access the device using explorer. And copy books to it. And they say the Kobo desktop application is OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote