View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 AM   #15
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Same firmware on the Touch as the Glo?
My Touch was unstable on every 2.x firmware including 2.3.x. Touch-screen would become unresponsive quite often, certain books or actions would consistently lock it up, the browser would lock up quite often when I'd tried to use it. Didn't worry about it too much since a hard reset would always bring things back to normal, but I've been really surprised that my Glo has had none of this, despite being set up identically (same books, same fonts).

My best guess is that the extremely slow internal SD that came with my Touch was causing race conditions exposing bugs that don't manifest themselves on the much faster Glo. It might also be that the Glo has more ram(?), so memory leaks that would kill the Touch don't affect the Glo.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote