View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #14650
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
I liked the film but am hesitant to try the book. My first experience with Gaiman was "American Gods," and it bored me. I enjoyed the film "Stardust," also based on a Gaiman book IIRC.

How do these other books compare to "American Gods"? Should I give Gaiman another try, or is "American Gods" a reliable indicator for me?
I found "American Gods" to be hard work, both times I read it, and I'm still not sure exactly what I think of it. I certainly wouldn't let it put you off trying his other books. It's very different to his other work - then again, all his books seem very different to one another.

I didn't like Coraline that much, okay but nothing special. My favourites of Gaiman's include Neverwhere, Stardust, and The Graveyard Book, all very different from one another but all wonderful tales.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote