Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #9756
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
1. What artist used the pseudonym "Moebius"? What comic(s) did this artist create? - Jean Henri, Heavy Metal (one of my all time favourites). Sadly he died earlier this year.

10. What comic artist used the pseudonym "Jack Kirby"? What comic(s) did this artist create? I know he did a lot of work for Marvel on stuff like the Fantastic Four and Captain America.

I also know Hergé is Georges Remi - they had a programme on TV recently about him. Another of my boyhood faves.
Correct on all accounts. Jean Henri is just his first names, do you know his last names as well? From what you write I'm positive we're talking about the same guy, so you get the point for the name, but I was hoping to get the last name. "Heavy Metal" was a magazine started by Moebius together with Jean-Pierre Dionnet, Philippe Druillet and Bernard Farkas, but it was not a comic strip that was drawn as far as I am aware. If I am mistaken on this point, please do correct me. If you know any of his comics (i.e. some of the series he created) there are a lot of bonus points to get here still beause he was very productive. He died in March this year. It was sad, as you say, because he was a brilliant artist.

You are also right about Georges Remi. I give both you and pdurrant one point each for finding his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Shades of The Lavender Hill Mob! Luckily not such an important error.
I still have a hangover from yesterday, so my head is not in its usual mode yet, but I fail to see where The Lavender Hill Mob comes into it?

Last edited by Iznogood; 10-20-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote