View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #79
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I was in Target over the weekend, the Kindle display model was acting all wonky and had black lines on the screen, I should be like you and base my judgment on the device soley on that display model.
The display in Target is a non-working model, genius. I'm just teasing...The point of all the talk of superiority/inferiority was just to call out that it's important for people to consider their own needs, not just to take some strangers word that X is good, Y is bad, no matter how much bluster and false authority they keep trying to put behind the claim. Even if that person is right for themself, that doesn't make them right period. The same point, I hope, as your closing line in your last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Simple question can you easily (no extra steps), legally and ethically download books from the library on to a Kindle? The answer is simply no you can not.
Oh yes. It is so easy now that I'm afraid to talk about it in fear that the DRM companies will change something to make it harder. It's scary how simple it is, and, if you're using Calibre anyway, then it now requires no extra steps.
Legally, sure. Some place have no laws on the topic at all, some places are working on laws to ensure that is legally protected, and even in the US, while some claim the DCMA makes it illegal, there are many legal experts who say it does not. It has, AFAIK, not been tested.
Ethically, as I said, up to the individual.

Last edited by ApK; 12-07-2010 at 10:40 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote