View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 01:46 PM   #117
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
It's centering that is not supported by ADE for tables nor images...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sorotokin View Post
You may want to check if EPUB spec requires margin:auto support.
I'm aware that margin:auto can allow rendering systems to use margin:0, but that's not what I was complaining about; I was specifically referring to the "centering" bug whereby tables are not allowed to be centered (and images are not easily allowed to be centered).

Centering simple tables (like the TOC in many Project Gutenberg books) should be provided for, and I know workarounds can be used to properly center images, while centering headings using <h1> and similar constructs has always worked like a charm!

When the device's width is known, then centering should just be an algebraic exercise when you know the "extent" (max.) width of the table and/or image. Though I can understand that tables can be arbitrarily complex and not yield it's extent width easily, simple tables should be rendered centered if so specified...

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-13-2010 at 01:49 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote