Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #1113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredMercury View Post
Since software update in April, the reading place is not kept in mobi books. epubs are fine. Resetting device had no effect. Neither did latest update.

Product: Kobo Clara HD & Aura
Firmware: 4.14.12777
Plugins:
File types:mobi
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:Sideloaded
On external SD:No
Steps to reproduce: occurs on multiple mobi books
Current result:
Workaround: convert mobi to epub in Calibre - a nuisance
This isn't new to 4.14.12777. I remember testing it a while ago. And that it was prompted by something here. But, I can't find the discussion.

I always recommend converting MOBI to epub or kepub as the MOBI doesn't support annotations or dictionary look up. I believe there are also some layout issues, but I don't remember what they were.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote