View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 09:26 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
In the 21st century everybody is trying to monetize your clicks. Kindle has been shown to collect tons of info. I would guess that they are the worst, but I wouldn't think that anybody is actually good. You can look in any software package and see tons of analytics.

For me, I just keep WiFi off all the time. I only read books, references and music on my Poke3. I don't need to browse the internet on it. It's not the privacy that concerns me it's the wasteful use of my data allotment and the risk of inopportune automatic updates. I also disable a bunch of Onyx stuff.

Obviously, this is no solution for many people who want to browse the internet.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote