View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #83
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Do you have Mend On Open/Save disabled in the Preferences or anything? I honestly can't recommend unchecking those for any reason any more.
Yes, I do have these disabled. However, as I was using standard procedures for developing my book that I used with previous versions of Sigil I am not convinced that this was cause of the problem as I had Mend On Open/Save disabled for those too.

Sometime (with older versions of Sigil) I made errors in codeview and saved the file without realising that an error was present. When I later switched to Bookview I would see a warning message asking me whether I want to correct the error manually or have this done automatically accompanied with a warning that if the error is corrected automatically then I may lose data. I always choose to correct the error myself.
As the new version of Sigil does not have Bookview, I will not be aware of coding errors if I save a file that contains these types of errors. If I save a file containing these errors is there a risk that Mend on Save will cause a loss of data?
If I open a file containing these errors later and Mend On Open is enabled is there still a risk of data loss if the file is mended on open?
Also, if the errors
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote