View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #14
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Although not strictly legit, would removing the DRM overcome this, technically?
stumped's interpretation of my meaning in post 10 is correct.

I suppose I was thinking along the line of: his brother has bought and paid for the books, so although it's not legit within the terms of the copyright, I saw no harm in him borrowing his brother's books. But I suppose that's the thin end of the wedge, and I now realise that this is how full blown pirating begins.

Sorry. Didn't mean to start a war. But the old chestnut of "I can lend a friend a paperback, why not my ebook?" goes into all kinds of issues about whether giving (or loaning) should involve the loss of the copy to the original owner etc etc.

So the answer to the OP is: no, he can't put his brother's ebooks onto his own device. It's illegal, immoral and undoable.

Last edited by BookCat; 02-06-2020 at 01:16 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote