View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
But it does keep English professors employed.

I'm reminded of the famous story of the SF author who sat in the back of a college English lecture about his book and listened to the professor talk about all the symbolism in the book. The author stood up and said "That's not what I meant at all". The Professor replied "What do you know? You are just the author." [I first heard the story with Issac Asimov as the author. I suspect the story is apocryphal, but it sure ought to be true]
Brings back memories of the Isaac Asimov short story (The Immortal Bard??) in which a college professor flunked William Shakespeare.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote