View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #385
Kornholio
Kornholio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Sorry--I missed this post. The problem is that your document size (4.5 x 7 inches) combined with k2pdfopt's default output resolution (167 dpi) results in no wrapping being required. So you have two options if you want wrapped text: (1) increase the output dpi (will make everything larger) to something like 200, or (2) use -wrap+, which will un-wrap the narrow column on the right so that all the text fits the width of your reader screen. You also should use -m 0 to avoid having any clipping since your viewable region runs right to the edge of the page. Finally, for cases like this I like to use -sm so that I can verify how k2pdfopt is interpreting the page layout. Final commands, then:

k2pdfopt -m 0 -sm -fc- -odpi 200 page17.pdf

or

k2pdfopt -m 0 -sm -fc- -wrap+ page17.pdf

(you can also combine -odpi 200 and -wrap+).
Thank you, in the meantime since my previous post was my first and took a while to be moderated (i suspect that's why you missed it as well) i've mostly solved the issue using these arguments (possibly i'm forgetting something):
-m 0 -col 1 -fc- -wrap-
to prevent any wrapping / layout changes or text resizing. It worked pretty good since actually it fits quite well with the reader (wide) size in terms of text size (so just dumb luck basically + switching to landscape orientation). I will try your solution to see how that works out.

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by Kornholio; 04-07-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote