Thread: do not support
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 07:30 AM   #17
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The problem is "big". This firmware has one new table. And a couple of new columns. But, calibre doesn't look at them. Even main table that is used has had multiple columns added with no real impact. It is unlikely anything will happen, but there is some risk.

The topic has come up in the calibre forum as well. If I can come up with the right wording, I might try what I suggest at the end of that thread.
I suppose one possible variation of "big" would be deletion of a column the driver uses/updates, or maybe changing of the type of the column beyond just making it wider?

Just trying to think ahead and predict possible futures.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote