View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 07:12 AM   #52
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
In response to gmw's about preferring fact or fiction, I wonder if this book would have been more satisfying if it had been a roman à clef, suggested by the events surrounding Grace Marks without being specifically about her.

I know I get testy especially when biopics and similar works of film try to have it both ways; they rely on the audience's knowledge of the facts and imply that they presenting the "truth," when in fact there's a lot of fabrication going on. It seems inescapable these days; for just one example there's the television series The Crown which as nearly as I can tell is largely made up and absurd on the face of it. And yet people seem to think they're watching a documentary!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote