View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
I've found that quite often the battery icon is greyed out for quite some time after booting up.
Unfortunately with their forum gone I can't go look things up anymore, but there was some discussion about that way back. I'm not 100% sure, but something in my mind says it's related to also having a CF card installed. The basic gist of it was that there was something that interfered with the ability of the OS to pull valid battery information from the IC immediately after a boot. At one point people were noticing that the battery levels were incorrect during this time, so iRex made an update that greyed out the icon to prevent the impression of false readings. It's been a while since I booted mine, but I seem to remember that the icon is greyed out for about 30 seconds after a boot, or something like that. I don't usually have any cards in it though, so it may be longer for others.

This goes back quite a while, and my memory is kind of hazy, but I think that's the general idea.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote