View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #15
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
I have owned both Sony 505 and Kindle 2 and they are apples and oranges in a lot of areas. Both have the same e-ink technology so that is a mute point. I think that since the K2 is so thin, it is more likely for accidental breakage, but as previous poster states, keeping it in a cover greatly improves the odds of it not getting broken. The Amazon stock cover works nicely for the K2 and mine travels everywhere with me in my purse with no worries.
Certainly the advantages of auto downloads of my newspaper is a big bonus point with me so I am not tied to my computer for downloads. Nice when traveling. I recently became a Mac owner, so was thrilled to see that Calibre is Mac compatible! Yea!
And customer service with Amazon was top notch when I received one of the K2s that fades in the sunlight. They replaced it immediately and the replacement model works perfectly.
Sony going to have to up their game to be competitive with Amazon, as their reader is a good basic electronic reader, but Amazon has got the bells and whistles that makes their reader a step up model. As for the new DX model, I think it is geared more towards students and professional folks. Should be interesting to see how it does!
Technically, the support chipsets in the Sony PRS 700 and Amazon Kindle 2 are a bit closer, not the 505, granted, the Sony PRS 700 has clarity problems, but you would get there a screen light and touch screen. K2 might be very slightly ahead, technology wise, but it's always a leapfrog thing, and when you get down to it, mostly it's minor differences, all are very similar.
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote