View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Regarding reliability--I take mine almost everywhere (I am seriously having to tell myself I *really* mustn't take it on the 7 day canoe-camping trip I have planned this summer). I have used it bicycling, walking and weightlifting and have never had a problem. I have read at the dinner table, in the bathtub (in a ziplock bag) and while walking in the pouring rain (ditto), and I have slung the kindle in a bag and had it read to me while I pulled dandelions for 2 hours at a time.

I would have no qualms at all about putting it in a bag with a netbook and getting on a plane.

On the other hand, I treat it with the same kind of respect I would treat a laptop or a netbook. I don't set a dumbbell (or even a teacup) on the screen; I don't toss it on the floor (though I will toss it on the bed), I make sure I don't sit on it, and I haven't (so far) dropped it or anything. So it hasn't been through any kind of serious test.

I hope that info is helpful as you make your decision.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote