View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 12:29 PM   #6
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Looking at your post, my workflow is different from yours. I use a 2 step workflow so before I send the books, I convert them to AZW3. By default, calibre leaves the converted ebook in place so it makes no real difference to storage space required. After conversion, I send the converted ebooks in one step and then delete the AZW3 ebooks.
OK, so what you're now saying is that if you manually convert and then upload the converted books, they upload as a single job -- which is what I originally said -- and not that uploading with autoconversion does the conversions followed by a single upload, which is what you said originally. In other words, you are seeing exactly what I am seeing, despite what you said originally.

None of which answers my original question: Would it be possible for Calibre to somehow batch all the uploads after autoconverting so that the many lengthy metadata uploads can be combined into one?

I can certainly do the conversion and then do the upload as a separate step, which is what I now do, but sometimes I forget and just hit "Send"... and then it takes forever. So if there were a solution, I would be very happy.

Last edited by Phssthpok; 04-15-2021 at 12:34 PM.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote