View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I did a quick test here. I selected 5 books and sent them to a Kindle. The books were converted, sent to the device and the metadata uploaded in one batch after I clicked on send to device.
Here's two images showing what happens on mine: one shows me uploading 3 books in EPUB format, which get autoconverted to AXZW3 then uploaded one by one, with 30+ second "upload metadata" actions (plus the time it takes after the book upload before the metadat upload starts). The second one shows me converting 12 books and then uploading them after conversion: 12 books are uploaded and then a single metadata upload happens afterwards, which still only takes the same 30+ seconds as I had for each individual book when autoconverting.

So how come you don't see the same? What sins have I committed that it does them individually on my system? Please help me correct the error of my ways!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	186613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	186614  
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote