Thread: Quiet times
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 09:05 AM   #1
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quiet times

Things have been kind of quiet here over the last week or so. Here is the good ol' USA, everyone is hunkering down because of the coronavirus and live sports has mostly been called off. That means more time for movies and reading. Disney released the digital release of Rise of Skywalker early. It wasn't suppose to be released until Tuesday according to iTunes.

On the eBook front, we are in the Spring release season. The new Mercy Thompson book comes out on Tuesday. I had a number of books that were released in the last month or so, including two new WW II books - Tower of Skulls by Richard Frank and Bloody Okinawa by Joseph Wheelan. Tower of Skulls is about the Asia-Pacific War from July 1937 to May 1942. Non fiction typically takes me much longer to read than fiction.

On the audiobook front, I went through my audible wishlist and noticed that a number of books had dropped below that magic pull the trigger price point, so I did a bulk buy. I also noticed that quite a few books are listed as no longer available. I guess the contract expired. Personally, I consider it fairly short sighted for a copyright holder to pull a book from either the eBook or audiobook store. You can't make money on a book if people can't buy it. Can't say that I understand the rational unless maybe it's an older recordings and they are in the process of recording a new version with a different narrator.