View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
I first checked my database with kobo utilities pluggin for calibre : all was ok. I tried to store my reading position => ok for some books but not all (I can't figure out why, but at least it worked for the one I was reading, so, so far, it's ok for me). I signed out and signed in again and now the sync is working nicely, why, I must admit, will, I think, remain a big mystery...
I had read a lot of books that I was to manually reset to "finished" (I hate this and couldn't find a way to store this information in calibre, though there must certainly be a way).

So, this problem isn't one anymore for me (at least for some time I hope)
Glad it worked. Kobo Utilities does a nice job but sometimes things are what they are. I suspect your book positions for some of the books not being able to be stored are due to a corrupt data base, regardless of the ok status from the Calibre plugin indicating it was ok. Why it gave a good indication I cant say. But I would guess if you were to open those books that you wanted to back up position they would back up now. Any way bottom line is your a happy camper and in the end its what matters.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote