View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I think, at this point, that tablets are still better suited for the type of roles you folks are discussing. For one thing, 16 shades of gray does not a color display make and there are a lot of things that depend on color codes -resistor values and wiring diagrams come immediately to mind. Also, tablets offer much more in the way of apps, better browsers, spreadsheets, office suites, etc.

I'm not saying you can't do a lot with an ereader, but I think you can do more with a tablet. It seems the main reasons for the ereader being better might be viewing in sunlight or longer battery life.

Now, if there was an Android platform device with an 8-10" color e-ink display that allowed apps like a regular android platform tablet, and had Gorilla glass like my tablet then I'd get interested if it also managed battery life somewhere between an ereader and a regular tablet.

Last edited by TechniSol; 04-16-2013 at 03:32 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote