View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
Color ereader to read full page PDF magazines?

suggestions?

I am looking for a sub $200 device that has a color screen to read PDF Magazines (think make or popular science or new scientist or model airplane news etc.. ie normal magazines)

I don't want to scroll. I want one full page on the screen large enough and high enough resolution to read.

I know I can use a netbook but I would prefer a tablet form factor (tablet atom processor machines are too expensive)

I am thinking something like the Pandigital Novel but larger. I don't think either the 7" size or the 800x600 resolution is enough. I am thinking XGA and 9" range minimum

it does not HAVE to do anything else but needs to have full PDF support and would prefer a memory card (MSD or SD) replaceable battery would be nice but not a deal killer

does such a beast exist? maybe an android tablet with a large screen?

the only device thats not an option is an apple device. ie no ipads. (and they are too expensive anyway)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love my kindle DX but its just no good for mags. its large enough its got enough pixels but they just look like crap on the greyscale screen and some text is too low contrast in mag format to read.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote