View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I have changed in preferences the title_series_sorting to 'strictly_alphabetic', because I am one of 'those' people whose brain get's annoyed seeing titles starting with "The" listed in places other than "T" when I sort alphabetically...

However it seems to make no difference to me whether I set the tweak to 'library_order' or 'strictly_alphabetic' - it always behaves as 'library_order'.
The tweak controls new entries, not old ones. You need to update old ones after setting the tweak to get them to change. You need to force calibre to do an update to the metadata of every book. Quoting Charles:

Quote:
There are three general ways to do that.

1) Select all the books, then right-click and select 'Edit metadata individually'. As each box opens, hit return without changing anything. The title sort value will be updated. If you have a lot of books, you will get tired of hitting return.

2) Double-click in a title and hit return. Updates the title to what it was before, but applying the tweak. Again, if you have a lot of books, this method will be annoying.

3) If your author_sort values are all computed from the author values, then you can force the recomputation in one step by selecting all your books, hitting 'E' to get to bulk metadata edit, checking the 'Automatically set author sort' box, and pressing OK. Calibre will change the author sort to what it already is, recomputing the title sort in the process.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote