View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #68
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomk2 View Post
So if I have a windows 10 machine, I can download all my nook ebooks?
Download them? Yes, for sure. Using the Windows 10 Nook app.

Quote:
Would I be able to transfer the files to another machine?

Can you backup those files after downloading them?
I can still strip DRM from Nook books. But be warned, some users here have no issues. Others do. So your mileage may vary.

If you're looking for guidance, it's this:
  1. Don't buy new books from B&N if you're worried about DRM stripping. Use Kobo if you're looking for an Amazon alternative.
  2. If you already have purchased B&N books, download the Windows 10 Nook app and give it a shot. It costs nothing but time.

Also, try chatting at Alf's blog. One of my graphic novel ePubs, a file was in the wrong place. Opening the ePub as a zip file and moving the misplaced file to the expected location allowed me to remove the DRM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote