View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 07:13 AM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by teija View Post
It really looks like the bean counters at Macmillan have NO idea what demographic they are actually dealing with here. I might sign out an interesting eBook title from the library from time to time, but honestly I am not SO hardcore that I will go out and buy an eBook for myself right at release. There are too many titles on my to-read list to really bother!

I am usually a year or two behind the "trends". And by then, if it is a popular/common enough title, I've usually found a used paperback copy at one of the local thrift stores or a garage sale. I have a feeling a large percentage of those whom they would be affecting are similar. They will just move on to something else!
I suspect the bean counters at McMillian have a much, much better idea of the demographics they are dealing with than anyone here. They have actually experimented with delaying releases as ebooks to libraries and looked at the results.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote