View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy;
A big hassle is some books have tags hard-coded into the epubs, so I have to remove that info via Sigil, but at least you only have to do it once.
I have never come across a case where I could not remove the tag in Calibre without resorting to Sigil.

Quote:
I would use Stanza if I could get calibre to send to it directly, like it does to iBooks.
The reason I sometimes use Stanza is precisely because I do NOT need to download via iTunes. With Stanza I can access any book from my ebook library (around 10,000 titles) at any time and download it in a few seconds (either via WiFi or 3G) and because I use a calibre2opds generated catalog have a richly structured catalog. I have the library accessible via a web server so that Calibre does not need to be running at the time. This avoids the need to keep more than a few books on the device at a time. It is this over-the-air download capability that I wish iBooks had from a user supplied source rather than only via the apple ebook store.

Quote:
I did follow all the directions in the calibre + ipad thread. I've started opening calibre only via the command line, so I can have the debug file handy.
I am sure that GRiker (the author of the iTunes/iPad Calibre integration will be more than happy to work with you to try and identify why your books are disappearing, and if it is a bug get it corrected.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote