View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #46
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@AlanHK - It does sound like a DLL Hell type problem, but that was last century.

What else is running? Maybe some Qt4 based software?

I would close down all discretionary applications - weather alerts, email, RSS clients, diary, browsers etc - and see if I could induce the behaviour. Given you're the only person with the problem (that we know about) suggests its something specific to you - which could be the software set you're running.

I think the only registry entries for Sigil are those the installer puts there for the uninstaller, plus any shell related entries for file associations the user sets up - eg for epub open with. Everything else is in D&S - Preferences has a button that opens it.

You could try running Sigil in Sandboxie - if behaviour in there is OK then that would suggest its a another application scribbling something where it shouldn't. Do you have any oddball driver's - analogue i/o, process i/o.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote