Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1242 View Post
It seems Kobo is ignoring the bookmark issue on the Touch. Even now in 2.5.1 it still hasn't been fixed.
If I bookmark a page and then exit the book or power off, when I return to the book it always goes back to the first page of the chapter. If I open the bookmark it shows, for instance "66% into chapter". If I open it, back to page 1.

This has been an issue for the last 3 or 4 versions. I think it probably needs to be fixed.
I an say that I do not normally see an error like that when reading epubs. If I do, it is usually, one of:

- Corrupt database - fix by logging out on device and logging in again
- Edited book which caused a change structure and resent the book to the device without first deleting it. The device process the book the first time and extracts the TOC. If this doesn't match the changed book, then problems like you are seeing occur.
- Errors in the book coding. Especially if the TOC is out of sync with the actual structure. Running a convert in calibre or editing in Sigil with a TOC rebuild usually fixes this.

The other problem is if you sideload the book as an kepub.epub. In this case, the code needs some changes to work. This is done automatically by the extended driver in calibre, but there are some books that it still doesn't seem to work with. There is a lot of discussion about this here.

If you want me to have a look at the database or a book that has this problem, I can. Send me a PM to arrange where to send it.

Lastly, if you are reading an epub, then the "66% into chapter" for a bookmark is incorrect. It is actually "66% into book".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote