View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm eager to get back into reading magazines, but I refuse to do so until I can own what I subscribe to. A lot of digital subscriptions are online only, but I want the file within my control and in a format that's not too tied down.

I'd love to read Scientific American and Popsci and Wired again, but I've yet to see a model for distribution that I'm okay with. And I'm done with paper subscriptions piling up, so while they dilly dally around trying to figure out how to deliver and protect their content, they're just losing my money. I'll be amazed if they ever come up with something I'm willing to put up with.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote