View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Hi everyone,

I've accumulated a large number of ebooks over the years in many different formats so I've decided to convert them all to a single format that is fairly universal and easy to convert to any other format if neccessary.

I've decided on HTML as this seems a good choice for archival purposes and either directly supported by a large number of reading devices or commonly used to convert from with conversion software.

I've got a couple of questions on this though.

1. Is this a good choice as the originating file format or is there a better one?

2. Would it be better to have one HTML file with everything in it or split it up into multiple file, one for each chapter or section?

Any help would be great.
Thanks.
1. It is quite a good choice, really

2. Keep it in one file or put it in a folder (name the folder according to the book title) and zip the folder up to archive

3 Do NOT imitate Baen on this as their html explodes all over the place when unpacking

Better yet, use epub for this!

Oh and welcome to MR.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 03-10-2009 at 08:55 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote