View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #1209
RoGuE_StreaK
RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.RoGuE_StreaK did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Kobo Touch
Not sure if it's been brought up here before, but yesterday I investigated the settings to see if I could change them to something more usable for one-handed (right) operation; I currently use the "thirds" setting, where middle of the page is "settings".
Tried one of the two-thirds options, and things didn't seem to be working at all as expected; on closer inspection, I saw that the far right-hand third is set to "back", whilst the remaining left two-thirds is set to "forward". I find this counter-intuitive; I want to be able to continue using the far-right as forward, and just be able to move my thumb a bit further over to activate the "back"? I don't want to have to reach over to go forward, I want to be able to just move my thumb off the bezel to tap forward, and if I miss something then I can make the "effort" to reach over further with the thumb to tap the left two-thirds to go back.

Maybe a setup that also had the "settings" up the top of the middle third, so you can hold the Touch one'handed from the bottom, use your thumb to go forwards/backwards, and bring in your other hand to touch the top for settings on the rare instance you want to do something with it?

PS. If holding one-handed I tend to hold it with my thumb upright on the side bezel and my pinky holding up the book, poking out near the Home button.
RoGuE_StreaK is offline   Reply With Quote